Sunday 2 August 2015

Brusho Celebration

Hi and welcome!  My card today uses the colors from this week's Color Throwdown challenge and is also for Seize the Birthday whose challenge is embossing.


I got some Brushos from the UK last week and decided to take them for a spin on this card!  I started by masking a circle them spritzing water inside the mask.  I then sprinkled on some purple, yellow and green Brushos and spritzed again with water.  It was fun seeing them come to life!  Once I was happy with the result, I used my heat tool to dry the watercolor panel.

I then inked the sentiment and stars with black ink and clear-embossed over the top.  I stuck the watercolor panel onto a white card base and added some sequins and my card was done.


Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Make a Wish (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, watercolor
Accessories:  Circle Nestabilities, Brushos, Clear EP, sequins

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh WOW! You rocked those brushos!! Looks amazing,Karren! Awesome card!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cool card Karren. Love the circle with the different colors. I've been wanting to get some Brushos myself. Looks like it's fun to use the colors. :) Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is truly wonderful!!!!! I love your description of the way the colors come alive! This is very tempting!!! Just a fabulous card!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the vibrant background you created with the Brushos and the bold sentiment on top. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Linda said...

So pretty.

Jen Mitchell said...

Not looking. Not looking. I don't need those brusho things! But I did look long enough to see how gorgeous this is!