Saturday 1 August 2015

Have a Drink

Hi!  I found some time today to play along with the latest Muse challenge.  This is my first time playing along at Muse and as soon as I saw Tracey's adorable card, I decided to join in.  Ironically, that fabulous penguin set is on its way to me at the moment :)  

I took my inspiration from the stenciled background, background colors, layered die cuts, layout and the drink the penguin is holding.  Here's my card:



I started with a white card base and used a stencil cut with my Cameo ages ago.  I sponged Tumbled Glass and Crumb Cake ink in a similar way to Tracey.  The sentiment was stamped onto the card base using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I then stamped and colored the drink and accessories from Paper Smooches Free Spirits set.  I adhered the glass directly to the card base then layered the umbrella and straw.  I put the flower on last then covered it with Glossy Accents.  



Thanks for visiting.  Here's Tracey's Muse card.




Products used:

Stamps:  Free Spirits (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass, Crumb Cake
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Accessories:  Free Spirits dies, Copics, Silhouette-cut stencil, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was Top Three at Muse.

9 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh you make me thirsty early on a Saturday morning Karren!
Love your take on the Muse! Fabulous!

Ardyth said...

Clever! I love that you put the focus on one of the small details of Tracey's card! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this Karren!!!!

~amy~ said...

What a CUTE take on Tracey's card! Love the drink!

Joan B said...

fabulous job. I love that background!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love this!!!!! The colors on the background are beautiful together, and I love the stencil. Fabulous coloring on that drink... looks good enough to take a sip!!! Wonderful creation!

Ashwini Rao said...

Fantastic card! Its a beautiful interpretation of the Muse's card! The stencil background really fits the drink well- and fantastic coloring!
(from ExperimentsWithCardMakingetc.wordpress.com)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous background, cheers!

Tracey McNeely said...

Good morning Karren! Finally visiting your fabulous card. I love how you were inspired by my Muse card. Well done and congratulations!