Sunday 9 August 2015

Sending

I've had some time to play this weekend and have made a couple of cards for challenges.  This is the second one I made.



This was made using the colors at Color Throwdown and the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.

I started with a card base of Tip Top Taupe which is a really nice neutral.  On top of that I layered on foam tape a sheet of white cut with a pierced die.  Out of that I'd cut a curvy panel using Blueprints 25.

I then adhered a Sea Glass pierced circle die and a flower that I'd colored with Copics.  The sentiment was die-cut from a piece of X-Press It I'd colored with the same peachy Copic markers, but this time in an ombre fashion. That was adhered to the white panel at the top and bottom and some teeny tiny bits of foam tape through the center.

The rest of the sentiment was stamped and my card was finished.



Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Sending and Wishing (SSS), Fresh Flowers (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Tip Top Taupe (SU), white, Sea Glass (SSS), X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Sending die (SSS), Pierced Circle Stax (MFT), Blueprints 25 (MFT), Blueprints 21 (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CAS(E) This Sketch and Color Throwdown.

9 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card Karren - love the way you did your sentiment - looks like a winner to me!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Hannelie said...

A beautiful and innovative use of the sketch this week Karren!
LOVE it and thanks for joining us at CTS!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this gorgeous CAS design! Thanks for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE how you did the curved panel with Blueprints 25 for the sentiment... beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Vickie Z said...

Love how you used the colors and. Love the curved panel. For the sketch!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is so striking! I adore the curved panel under your sentiment - it's so creative!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this Karren!

Leigh Penner said...

I love how you split the panel! Fabulous take on the sketch!