Saturday 8 August 2015

Neutral Roses

Today's card was made for the inspiration challenge at Just Add Ink, the challenge at Seize the Birthday and Mojo Monday.


For my card, I started with a white card base.  What you can't see in the photo is that I then adhered some woodgrain cardstock onto the top of the card base.  The bottom is Smoky Slate with a strip of black.

I looked all through my collection to find a large stamp with a diagonal stripe and didn't have anything suitable (time to shop!) so I went with a piece of emboss resist card from a long-ago pack of patterned paper by SU called Presto Patterns.  I lightly sponged Smoky Slate ink onto the panel and the embossing in the paper resisted the ink.  


The circles were cut with my pierced circle stax dies.  The rolled roses I've had made and sitting waiting to be used for months, along with the saffron leaf spray.  It was good to finally put them to use!  I stamped the sentiment from Label Love and cut it out and my card was finished.

Thanks for visiting.


JAI #274


Products used:

Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew)
Ink:  Smoky Slate (SU)
Cardstock:  White, Black, So Saffron (SU), Smoky Slate (SU), Presto Patterns (SU), Slate (SSS), Woodgrain (SSS)
Accessories:  Pierced Circle Stax (MFT), Rolled Roses die (MFT), Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Designs)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

SonjaK said...

Great way to use some of your long ago made stuff. Love the both clean and romantic design of your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so chic!

Susanne Vargas said...

So elegant and pretty!

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Jan Clothier said...

Such elegance! This is a real beauty!

samanthadesigns said...

This is stunning!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this is absolutely stunning! Your layering is perfect (not over layered like I do!). You have really created an amazing card!

Nikki Spencer said...

Stunning Karren! So elegant, clean and lovely! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

shirley-bee said...

This is so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this in shades of gray. And the leaves in yellow? What a great idea - a perfect finish!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous!

Tina said...

LOL, I also save those little bits and pieces hoping that I'll find a use for them one day. You've found a fabulous home for yours! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

Hannelie said...

I can't stop looking. IN LOVE!
This is a beautiful card Karren! So glad you joined Seize the birthday!