Sunday 9 August 2015

Thanks, Friend

Hi and welcome!  It's Sunday night here, my time, and I managed to sneak in another card this evening.  I saw Joan's card at Muse and immediately had a design come to mind (love it when that happens!).  As well as Muse, I'm linking up to the Tie it Up challenge at Simon Says Stamp and the Friendship is Golden challenge at Time Out.

I took my inspiration from the color scheme, the friend theme, the hearts, and the bow on Joan's card and this is what I came up with:


I started with a white card base.  On to that I adhered with foam tape a strip of Green Apple cardstock tied with some lime-striped baker's twine.  I die-cut some little hearts and painted them with Wink of Stella then covered them with Glossy Accents.

While they were drying, I die-cut the "thanks" word from Audrey Blue cardstock and adhered that to the card base.  The word "friend" comes from the WPlus9 set called Fanciful Feathers and reminds me so much of the TV show "Friends" every time I see this sentiment :)

A very simple card that came together quickly (apart from waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry!)


Thanks for visiting.



Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Grab Our Badge!

Products used:

Stamps:  Fanciful Feathers (WP9)
Ink:  Ranger Archival Black
Cardstock:  White, Green Apply, Audrey Blue, Schoolhouse Red
Accessories:  Thanks Script (Savvy Dies), More Stories dies (Avery Elle), Baker's Twine, Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! I LUV this, so very CAS but even more stylish...WOW and your color choices are spot on....FAB! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Karen. Love this. So CAS and stunning. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

sandie said...

I just love this take on Joan's card, you have all the elements in there and a lovely CAS card plus extra special as you linked up to TO, great to see you here x

Hannelie said...

Oh this is a beautiful case of Joan's card Karren!
I love how you incorporated the twine! Clever!

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cute!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love that sentiment... think it might be going on my wish list!Fab card x

Jenni's Jems said...

Love that sentiment... think it might be going on my wish list!Fab card x

Michelle said...

Very cool!

Shona Chambers said...

Brilliant inspiration from Joan's card, I love it! And so handy that its perfect for our challenge too! Its always so good when you immediately get inspired for a card design. Most of the time I can spend a whole week just trying to decide on a colour combo! Always lovely to see you at TIME OUT too!

cm said...

A gorgeous take on Joan's card! You've selected an eye-catching combination of elements that have planted a smile allll over my face! So pretty!
~c

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is soooooo sweet - what a wonderful card!