Thursday 6 August 2015

Doodlebuds

Hi and welcome and Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  This week our hostess is the fabulous and oh-so-talented Cindy Lovell.  



I used the wonderful card at Tag You're It and was inspired by the image covering two tags, the stenciling as well as the colors on the tags.  This is what I came up with:


I stenciled the Desert Storm card base using Crumb Cake ink and Latticework stencil.  I used my Misti to stamp the flowers on the tags with black ink before clear embossing the images.  I then colored using Prismacolors and Gamsol.  I used foam tape to adhere the tags together.

I white embossed the "hello" onto the bottom of the card.  The Midnight Muse strip was made using a die from one of MFT's Tag Builder sets.  The striped twine finished off the card.



Thanks for visiting.  Here's the inspiration from Tag You're It:


Products used:

Stamps:  Doodlebuds (WP9)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Crumb Cake
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, white, Midnight Muse
Accessories:  Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, clear EP, Blue Jay twine (Lawn Fawn), Blueprints Tag Builder 1 and 2 (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was challenge winner at Tag You're It.

15 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

This looks just awesome,Karren!! I love the stamping on the Tags!! FAB!!!

Kim S said...

LOVE your use of this sketch - the flowers crossing over the two tags is a fabulous look - and perfectly backed with the subtle pattern in kraft.

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, those tags look fabbo! And you already know I love those images. Great job with the coloring!

Darnell said...

This is fantastic, Karren! I love the way you bridged your pretty and colorful design over two tags and your stenciling is wonderful!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a clever idea to layer the tags! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Well these little Doodlebuds are the cutest things ever! Love how the design spills over onto the second tag! Adorable card!

Rita W said...

Stencil, tag, doodle flowers... oh yeah! I love this one!

Marika said...

Great take on on the sketch, Karren! Love the doodle blooms too!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! I love that background and those tags are just gorgeous! Such fun colours!

Jen Timko said...

Ok...those tags are pretty much genius and I love how your images layer! For the record, I was already in love with this stamp set but you have proven that I actually may "need" it. Gorgeous work!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cool! I love how you made the image match up on the tags, and the background is awesome! Great card!

anja curvers said...

Awesome, awesome really love your take on the challenge. Glad you joined us over at Tag You're It.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I LOVED this card as soon as I saw it in the gallery! The stamping on the tags, the creative background and the colours you've used make this my favourite card of yours Karren!

Nancy Penir said...

Love this Karen! Definitely casing this next tag around! Thanks for joining us at TYI!

Gisela said...

Congrats!! I too liked your card the minute I saw it and will love to CASE it.