Saturday 15 August 2015

Out of this World

Hi and welcome!  Today's card kept me awake all night!  I watched Sandy Allnock's fabulous videos on watercolor powders last night and when I saw the effect of the black Brusho powder, I immediately thought of a galaxy.  Then I couldn't sleep plotting how to make this card, which uses the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the Anything that Flies theme at Seize the Birthday.


See!  Isn't that black Brusho powder amazing!  I took a piece of watercolor paper and sprinked on some black powder before spritzing with water.  I then just put it to one side and left it to dry naturally.  As you can see in the close up photo, there's a black hole in the bottom left corner where the black pooled :)  Once it was dry, I flicked Picket Fence paint onto the panel with a paintbrush to mimic stars and planets.

The images come from Clearly Besotted's new release set "Out of This World".  I loved pretty much all of the latest release so quite a few of the sets have come to live with me.

I stamped the planet onto a panel of white cardstock and cut around the top.  The sentiment was stamped underneath and then popped up on foam tape on top of the "galaxy".  The aliens and rocket were colored very quickly with Copics and also popped up on foam tape and my card was done.


Thanks for visiting.  I love this sketch and have another idea floating around my head, so if time permits, I'll be making another card using it.



Products used:

Stamps:  Out of this World (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, watercolor, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Brushos

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

your card is so cool... love that background you created with the black brusho! (you have me thinking that I need to get some brushos now, lol!)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cute! Great take on the sketch!

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous galaxy effect! And what a fun card you made with it! Love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

So cute!!

Greta said...

Oh what an adorable card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow wow wow! That Galaxy is fabulous! Wonderful card!

Hannelie said...

Another fantastic BG! just amazing... so glad you're playing at Seize the birthday and Case this sketch!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is super cute! Love that beautiful background and those little space critters are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! I love the way you created the deep space background for this sweet couple of little aliens, it's just perfect. Oh, and I did notice that ominous Black Hole, sheeesh!! Watch out!!!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com