Monday 17 August 2015

Doodle Flowers

I had to play along at the brand new Pinterest Inspired Challenge when I saw the fun inspiration pic they had for us!  I combined that challenge with the sketch at Mojo Monday and the Summer Flowers theme at Friday Mashup and the Homegrown Summer theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.



I concentrated on the color scheme from the inspiration pic and the doodle-y flowers.  I stamped a whole bunch of the flowers and foliage from Doodle Buds and colored them with Copic markers.  And yes, I have teal leaves and grey flowers LOL.

After I'd cut them out, I colored them all with Wink of Stella then added some dots with my white gel pen.  The yellow circle was cut from a piece of white cardstock I'd smooshed Squeezed Lemonade on to try and match the yellow flowers.  The banner was done the same way using Peacock Feathers ink.  It took me longer to arrange the flowers than it did to do everything else!  I was trying to separate the colors and, of course, wasn't organised enough to plan out how my bouquet was going to look before starting to color :)  I was happy enough with it in the end, so all's well.

Thanks for visiting.






Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  Doodle Buds (WP9), Scribbled Flowers (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers Distress Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Smoke (SSS), white, black, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, white EP, Pierced Circle Stax (MFT), Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Doodle Buds dies, Wink of Stella, Blueprints 21

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love this, Karren! So fresh and fun! Your doodled white dots are the perfect finishing touch on your bouquet. Love it!

SewPaperPaint said...

This turned out GREAT!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh my Karren, this is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! I love every thing about it! I adore the colors and these wacky flowers make me smile! Now, I want that set. Thanks for being an enabler! You know I ADORE your work! You are sooooo talented! XXX

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is SO gorgeous! Love those doodle flowers. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

I could just pluck those flowers they are so pretty. I love the colour combo you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog. Cheers Nicole

Heidi Baks said...

How very cute! I love your modern color combo. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Greta said...

Just makes me smile looking at this wonderful card--cheerful & beautiful! Love it, Karren!

Unknown said...

Too gorgeous! It's beYOUtiful, so vibrant. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup! ~amy

Marika said...

This is a perfect card, Karren! Those blooms are perfect and love the colour combo! Great work!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful card. Love image and the colors. Totally gonna have to CASE this. Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

~amy~ said...

Sooo pretty! That WP9 set is on my wish list!