Saturday 29 August 2015

Tag For You

I'm so excited to be a guest designer at Tag You're It this week, due to my card winning a recent challenge.  Here is the beautiful inspiration tag made by Carol Mayne.




I was really drawn to the black, white and gold color scheme as well as the circle element on the tag.  I didn't have anything graphic for the background like Carol's card so I went for some stripes instead.


I die cut the sentiment from gold foil cardstock and layered it up about four deep with black cardstock.  On the card base I adhered some striped paper and a strip of gold foil.  The white layer is popped up on foam tape as is the tag.




I finished the card with some gold sequins to mimic the stars on Carol's card.  Thanks to the Tag You're It team for letting me "tag along" this week :)  Be sure to check out the beautiful and clever inspiration from the rest of the team.


Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Gold Foil, Black, Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper (MFT)
Accessories:  Tag Me, Tag Me Too (Reverse Confetti), Baker's Twine, sequins, Pierced Circle Stax (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous Tags Karen ... Love the Word Dies...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations on your GD spot! Love this gorgeous black/white/gold card!

Hannelie said...

There's just something about B&W plus gold. This looks amazing!!!

Marybeth said...

Black and white with gold = a gorgeous tag card! This is soooo striking and
Wonderful take on Carols card!

cm said...

Karren, my apologies for the late visiting (back to work...gahhh!). Your black/white and gold tag is elegance and class in every way! Swooning over the stripes and smitten with your pretty gold foil sentiment! Thank you for being our GD for this challenge; your take on my card is ever so sophisticated. LOVE it!
~c

Kara Lynne said...

Such a clean, bold card! The elements you took for your inspiration are beautifully reflected on your card. So beautiful and great style! Thanks for guest designing at Tag, You're It!

SonjaK said...

Wow! The gold really makes this card stand out. I love this clean and elegant look. Congrats to your GD spot.