Thursday 13 August 2015

Girlfriends

It's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge day and this week I'm the hostess.  I came up with what I think is a simple sketch with a big space for an image or patterned paper or whatever you want!



I love, love, love Art Impression stamps and have quite a collection from many years ago.  I recently bought some of the newer images and just had to use one of them on today's card.



I stamped this fun image and spent some fun time coloring it with Copics.  In my head, this is me and my FMS teamies actually meeting in real life :)  Sigh, maybe one day! 

I cut the panel off the bottom, cutting around the arm and coffee cup.  I popped that panel up on foam tape onto an Audrey Blue base.

The sentiment was white embossed on black card and cut at an angle.



Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards from the rest of the design team and also fill up the gallery with your wonderful creations!  Be sure to check out Freshly Made Sketches next week for our mammoth 200th sketch celebration!



Products used:

Stamps:  Girlfriend Blend (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Audrey Blue, black, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, white EP

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

LOL! Which one of those ladies is you? Or better yet am I in the picture? I won't give up hope that someday our worlds will collide (in a good way) and I hope that when they do you have this card in hand! Your coloring is awesome, by the way!!

Linda Callahan said...

Yep we would definitely have a grand old time! This card is such fun and so fabulous because of your amazing coloring skills!

Amy O said...

I loved this card when I first saw it, and now I love it even more when I picture these ladies as the FMS team getting together. That would be a happy day! Your coloring is amazing, Karren! And I love the sketch.

Greta said...

Great sketch & such an adorable card! Love how you trimmed & put it together!

Jen Brum said...

Very cute card Karren! I love your colouring! I think I should come and take some lessons! Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

Jen Timko said...

I'm so in love with this hilarious group and that sentiment...well, pretty much sums up how I get through the day sometimes. ;-)

Hannelie said...

Perfect layout for this image Karren. Add your amazing coloring and well you have a winner!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I am in love with these chicks - they make me smile every time I look at them! As I'm only about 3.5 hrs away from you I think I could make the trip one of these days - I hear from everyone who's been to NZ that it's stunning!