Thursday 22 January 2015

Bunny Baby

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  Today, our sketch comes to you courtesy of Jen Mitchell, who has an amazing ability of taking grunge stamps and making the most beautiful clean cards!  



For my card, I decided to make a baby card as one of our neighbors is due to give birth to her first baby in February.  They don't know whether it's a boy or a girl, so I kept to neutral tones for my card.



I stamped and white embossed this cute little bunny onto two patterns of paper and fussy cut them out.  I used the second pattern for the ears, arm and tail as well as the balloon.

I white embossed the sentiment on a piece of Fog cardstock and adhered that plus a larger piece to my white card base.  Some randomly arranged silver thread and sequins finished off this CAS card.




Thanks for visiting.  I'm linking this up to Avery Elle's challenge this month which is all about paper piecing.  The rest of the FMS design team have some fabulous cards to encourage you to give our challenge a go, so be sure to check them out.

Challenge 20

Products used:

Stamps:  Storybook (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Fog (SSS), Sweet Slumber (SU)
Accessories:  Silver Thread, White EP, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Such a cute Baby Card,Karren!! Love the grey and yellow!! One of my fav combos!! The bunny is adorable and i love the silver thread behind it!!

SonjaK said...

Oh, this is just great! The colorful bunny just pops against the grey background. Such a sweet baby card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Karren. Love the super cute paper-pieced bunny. The string looks great! I like that sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

This card needs a warning......cuteness overload ahead! I adore everything about it from the bunny to the colors to the casually twirled string! (We know how long it can take for that look!). Adorable card!

Stampingcountry said...

Sweet Baby Card!

Jen Timko said...

Just look at this little bunny!! Oh my goodness he is cute! And that little bit of silver thread (that NEVER looks like that for me)....adorable!

Lyn said...

Love love love your card <3 this is the cutest bunny

Greta said...

Darling card, Karren! Hoping to use that sketch myself!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is as sweet as can be and perfect for the new parents! I love how the silver thread and the sequins dress this up too!

Amy O said...

What a sweet baby card! I love your gender-neutral color choices and all of the gray. Beautifully done, Karren!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the color combo and soft simplicity :)

stampwithsandy said...

Aww, this is so adorable, Karren! Love the tiny little bunny. I hope to have a chance to play along this week!

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful baby card Karren! That little bunny is just too sweet! Love the colours! Your neighbours are going to love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

So sweet! I always tend to wait for the baby to be born so I can choose either pink or blue,but I am totally loving these colours for a pre-baby card.

Hannelie said...

Another perfect example of a card with great touches of detail and yes... still perfectly CAS
Love this cute card!

Rita W said...

This is very sweet, Karren. I love that little bunny.

Cindy Hall said...

This is just the sweetest card! I love the little bunny and the silver thread makes it even more whimsical and cute. Great card, great color choices, too.

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Great paper piecing! Such a sweet card. Thank you for playing along with us at the AEI♥U Challenge!