Tuesday 27 January 2015

Singin' Snowmen

Today's Merry Monday challenge comes to us from Lori and she is asking us to use carolers or music on our cards.


I've had the Snowy Trio stamp from Purple Onion for nearly a year and hadn't used it, so this was the perfect opportunity to get it out and spend some relaxing time coloring.


I just adore this image!  The snowmen look so joyful and happy!  I stamped the image onto some X-Press It cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black, then spend a good amount of time coloring with my Copics.  The sentiment comes from a cute little Simon Says Stamp set I got from my Merry Monday Secret Santa (Sue) and was stamped using Jet Black Archival ink.

The panel was mounted onto a Coastal Cabana top-folding cardbase and at the last minute, I colored the hats and trees with clear Wink of Stella.  You can see a bit of the shimmer in this next photo:


Here is a photo of the various Copic markers I used in this card.


Thanks for visiting.  The Design Team have some adorable musical cards to entertain you, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Snowy Trio (Purple Onion), Christmas (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Archival Jet Black
Cardstock:  Coastal Cabana, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

31 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

I couldn't just pass by this card on my way to your FMS card without leaving a comment. Your coloring skills are AMAZING! I love the bright and perfectly colored image. Again, AMAZING!

Cindy H. said...

Just adorable and so beautifully colored!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such happy colours!! Love it!!

Deanne :)

Katie Melhus said...

Absolutely fantastic! Cheery and joyful, indeed - I love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE these adorable snowmen carolers, Karren! Awesome coloring. Have a great week!

Becca Cruger said...

Purple Onion has some of the sweetest images out there. How do I not own any of them yet?! This card is awww-dorable!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute Karren, I love your singing snowmen.

Jen Mitchell said...

I LOVE this! The image is adorable and your coloring is awesome!

laurie said...

This is adorable!

laurie said...

This is adorable!

Unknown said...

Wow, your snowmen are so A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!! Great job of coloring!!!

Nonni said...

Super cute, great coloring!

LeAnne said...

These little guys are adorable! Your coloring is amazing!

Bonnie said...

This makes me smile, Karren! What an adorable trio! Hope the job is going well. Have a great week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The image is so darling and your coloring looks great. Love the carrot noses!

Greta said...

Love your darling card--great coloring!

Wendy said...

Cute, cute, cute! Just love your adorable snowmen and wonderful coloring, Karren! Great card!!! Have a good week! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable and then some......your coloring is fabulous girl!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, your card is just gorgeous!! Amazing coloring as always! Hope your week is going well!

Kay Miller said...

What an adorable card!! I love those sweet caroling snowmen!!

Lori Turner said...

My heart has melted lol...I am a snowman addict and this card is absolutely adorable, Karren! WTG!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I really like the colors you used on your card. They aren't the typical winter colors, but bright and happy, like your snowmen. They look nice all displayed together like that too.. :-)

Claire Broadwater said...

ADORABLE!!!!!! I love the colors and these snowmen make me smile! You rock!!!! XX

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Love your singing snowmen! You did perfect colouring and color combo is so unusual for Christmas.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another totally stunning card. Your colouring is perfection.

francesca said...

adorable card! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowmen trio, Karren, and you colored them to perfection! Thanks for the inspiration at Merry Monday - love it!!

Judy1223 said...

Karren, I adore those snowmen by Stacey Yakula at POD! Your coloring is amazing, and the depth on your one-layer card is pretty cool, too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I think I do need a snowman stamp after seeing these - these guys are the cutest!

Susan Powell said...

LOVE those snowmen - especially the little guy on the left - he's just giving it his all. Great card!

Susan Powell said...

LOVE those snowmen - especially the little guy on the left - he's just giving it his all. Great card!