Thursday 8 January 2015

Triple Tags

Welcome to our first Freshly Made Sketch challenge of the year!  This challenge marks a year since I joined this team and what a wonderful group of people they are - love these girls!  Anyway, on to the sketch, which this week comes from Amy O'Neill, who has the most amazing knack of combining colors the rest of us can't imagine. And they work!

Here is Amy's sketch:


As you can see from my card below, I did take a couple of liberties with Amy's sketch.  Firstly, I used offset tags for my central image and instead of the sentiment being on the card base, mine is on the tag.  


I think (hope!) you can still see the sketch?

I used an Avery Elle set called Love Notes which is a builder set.  I stamped in various inks onto a stitched tag.  I then stamped the sentiment onto vellum and stitched that onto the tag at each end to match with the tag's stitched lines.

Plain tags were cut in Green Apple and Surf Blue cardstock and positioned behind the main tag and slightly offset.  A cute little bow from black twine finished off the card.  What is hard to see in the photo is that all the white layers were run through the Big Shop with the Canvas impression plate to give a subtle texture.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Love Notes (Avery Elle), Oh Happy Day (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Green Apple, Sea Glass (SSS), Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight (SU), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, Surf Blue, Green Apple (SSS), vellum (SU)
Accessories:  Anytime Tags (Lil Inkers), black twine, sewing machine, PTI Canvas Impression Plate

Cheers
Karren

20 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I adore this! Total sweetness from the flowers to the stitching to the vellum and the little black bow!

Jo Herbert said...

Love the colour combination and all the elements of this card.

Hannelie said...

YES!!! I can see the sketch... you used it so creatively Karren!
Beautiful... love the font of that sentiment!

Kim S said...

Wonderful use of the sketch! I love the pops of colored tags - they set off the image beautifully!

Karen M said...

Gorgeous tags and I love the pierced edges. What cute flowers! A perfect card! Kx

Becca Cruger said...

This is so springy and fresh! Absolutely lovely!

Amy O said...

I love how you've adapted the sketch to use these cute tags, Karren. And your color combo and sweet flowers are beautiful. The little touches of black are perfect. Beautifully done!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous and very clever <3

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that you used tags on your card! Very clever and tres chic! Hey, and I see five colors here (and I didn't even count the white)!

Cindy Lovell said...

So pretty,Karren!! I love the Tags and your stamping on the top one!! I also love the font of the sentiment...fits perfectly to the rest of your pretty card!!

Stampingcountry said...

Great spring tags! They work beautifully for this sketch.

Stampingcountry said...

Great spring tags! They work beautifully for this sketch.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! You are such an enabler with those tags! I don't think I ordered those ones...hmmm....Of course those stitched mats are my new fav thing!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is so very pretty Karren! Clean and fresh, makes me look forward to spring! Thanks for the inspiration over at FMS! Hazel x

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

LOVE the tag shape for this sketch! The sentiment on vellum is beautiful--great stitching! :)

Ginger said...

Gorgeous! I love how you use the tag! It is beautiful and bright!

Rita W said...

I love the layered tags! Wonderful idea. I am loving those flowers; I keep admiring sets like that but I know they are still out of my league.

Bonnie said...

Love these tags and the way you've arranged them! The design is perfect with the sentiment stamped across it! I may have to CASE this!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love the clever way you interpret sketches Karren! This card is amazing!

Bridget said...

Fabulous card, Karren, I saw it on Pinterest, pinned it and came over here - thought I already was a follower but guess not, so I just fixed that! :) That's 100 for you!!!