Thursday 1 January 2015

Favorite Cards of 2014 Pt 2

Hi and welcome back.  Today features my personal favorite cards of 2014 for the second half of the year.  My Jan-Jun favorites are at this post.

If you want to see the original post, click on the month.

July


Stencils come a close second to Copics as my favorite tools and I really liked the background on this card.  It was made for my DH but I still haven't given it to him, doh!  Maybe for Valentines.

August


I love the background on this card and the cowboy ain't too bad either ;)

September


This is another card where I love the background.  My Creative Chemistry classes were so worth the money, I've had so much fun using what I've learned!

October


I love the simplicity of this card (and the background!)

November


I like this card because it was the first time I got a person to look okay after coloring with Copics :)

December


I'm not totally sure why I like this card so much.  Maybe it's because it wasn't a Christmas card(!) or maybe it's the fabulous sentiment, courtesy of Hannelie.  Whatever it is, this card just makes me happy.

Thanks so much for coming along on this journey with me.  Have a Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm linking this up to both Mynn's and Lyndal's Favorite Cards Linky Party.

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

You do wonderful work, Karren, whether it be CAS or your creative chemistry distressed cards. I LOVE your October card with the gorgeous background; the black just pops on the card. Happy New Year to you, Karren!

Hannelie said...

So glad we got to know each other a bit better in 2014! I love your cards Karren, each and every one a real inspiration!
(thanks for the link too ;x )

Marika said...

Karren, you make such a different styles of cards and you are able to shine in every style you do. It is so difficult to pick my favourite but I think I would go for the November one... Awesome colouring! Thank you for your kind words on my Altenew cards, they really mean a lot to me since I was so nervous whether people like them or not.. Happy New Year to you, Karren!

Becca Cruger said...

You sure know how to work that cardstock! I'm so excited to cheer you on in 2015!

Susanne Vargas said...

You really master all kinds of different styles! Can't wait to see what you create in 2015!

Lyndal said...

All GORGEOUS cards Karren, love your wide variety of styles! Thanks for linking up to Our Favourite Things linky party!

Mynn xx said...

Another set of gorgeous cards, Karren! I adore the December card--the coloring is just beautiful! I also love the simple leaf card--beautifully executed! Thanks for sharing with me at On a Stampage! HUGS and happy new year! :) Mynn xx

Julie B said...

Another fab set of cards, my fave is November! HNY:)

Taunya Butler said...

Can I just say WOW oh WOW?!?!!!!!! These are gorgeous and that cowboy card is gorgeous in a completely total masculine way!! I love each of your creations and love your command of color and details!! Such precise coloring and beautiful embellishments made these all a pleasure to behold!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Karen Petitt said...

Wow oh wow! Beautiful cards and your colouring skills are seriously fabulous! I too love the final card - something about it makes me smile, such a lovely image so beautifully coloured x

jeannine said...

hi, karren - your cards are stunning! i have to ask - what are the creative chemistry classes you mentioned? your backgrounds are awesome!

Karren said...

Hi Jeannine, thanks for the sweet comment. The Creative Chemistry classes are Tim Holtz online classes you can buy through http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/