Sunday 11 January 2015

Floral Wish

It's week two of my GD gig at The Paper Players and this week we have a color challenge for you to try.



I went for a very simple card using the Hennah Elements set from Altenew.



I stamped the flower in Crisp Cantaloupe onto a white panel then masked it before stamping the leaves in Sahara Sand.  The sentiment comes from Dandelion Dreams by Clearly Besotted. 




I die-cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die then mounted it onto a piece of Sahara Sand.  The card base was also die-cut with a stitched rectangle die.

Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful examples for you so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Samps:  Hennah Elements (Altenew), Dandelion Dreams (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Crisp Cantaloupe, Lost Lagoon
Cardstock:  White, Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle dies

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful elegant simplicity at its finest!

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Karren! LOVE this!

Rita W said...

This is just so lovely.

laurie said...

One of my faves are CAS cards...yours is awesome! Did you stamp,then use the stitched rectangle die to cut? I love the look!

Kim S said...

I love this set. It can be so ornate and detailed, but I like it best the way you have used it - just a beautiful flower and a few leaves setting off a sentiment. Great use of the colors!

Becca Cruger said...

Love that stamp and that simple black frame . This card really shines!

Scrappy Géri said...

Very clean, so classy! Love it Karren ;)

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, how I wish I could create clean and classy like you do! I love this card. It is so pretty and full of beautiful detail! Best wishes on your new job. I hope you will love it and will still find balance in your life! XX

Debbie Mageed said...

This is absolutely stunning! Can you please teach me how to do this?? It is so much harder than you make it look!! I love your style! I hope all goes smoothly getting back to work routine. Keep calm and craft on!

Nance Leedy said...

Clean, elegant and anything but simple! Such a beautiful way to highlight these gorgeous colors. You are the queen of clean and elegant!

LeAnne said...

Simple and GORGEOUS!!! Love it to pieces!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

I absolutely ADORE this card!! I must remember to mask more often! An absolutely perfect CAS card!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful work Karren - the masking creates a fabulous card and so much white space is brave, yet adds so much to this clean card. CAS perfection!

stampwithsandy said...

What an elegant card, Karren! Love all the white space and subtle use of color. Also love that your stitched mats pierce through the corner of your stamped image. A real beauty!

Jaydee said...

Karren, I love how you set your flower in the lower left corner, I never think to do that, but it works so beautifully. All of that whitr space makes my CAS heart so happy. Gorgeous card
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Simply gorgeous, Karren! I love how the image and the colors pop on all of the white space. Wow!! :)

Marika said...

I went to the Paper Players blog after seeing your GD take on the current challenge and looked at the older challenges.. I can't understand how have I been able to miss this beauty! Simple, beautiful and peaceful! By the way, it was nice to see your face too! :)