Tuesday 13 January 2015

Skating Bunnies

Welcome back for another Merry Monday post.  Today, the lovely Katie has challenged us to use critters on our cards.  Fun, right?  




Critters are so trendy right now in card-making and I couldn't wait to take Cora and Thomas out on a trip to my craft desk and create a little scene with them as the stars :)



I stamped Cora and Thomas onto some white cardstock then masked the top of Cora's head before stamping the pond image over top.  I colored the scene with Copics and used a very simple layout as the image is so big.  The sentiment comes from a Simon Says Stamp/Clearly Besotted collaboration.  I made a tiny little rolled rose from some Rose Red cardstock and a 1/2" circle punch for Cora's hat.



Thanks for visiting.  The Design Team has some wonderful critter cards to inspire you.

Products used:

Stamps:  Cora & Thomas, Pond (Purple Onion), Holly Berries (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Island Indigo, X-press It, Rose Red
Accessories:  1/2" circle punch, pearl, Copic markers

Cheers
Karren


17 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute card, Karren! Love your critter scene! Have a great week!

Lori Turner said...

This is too stinkin' cute, Karren! Love this little scene and you have definitely made them stars! CUTE! Have a wonderful week!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Karren, I love this adorable scene you have created.

Bonnie said...

These little skaters are so adorable! Love that tiny, tiny flower! And the scene is so pretty! I just LOVE this card, Karren! Enjoy the week, my friend!

Susan Joyce said...

Totally delightful Karren, love your little scene and Cora's little twisted rose.

Karen Dunbrook said...

love your card...so adorable and perfect for the challenge!!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed OUT LOUD when I saw Katie's challenge photo...too funny! And your card is just as sweet as can be!!

Marika said...

So cute! Love the rose on Cora's hat... I don't know if you know the TV show Downton Abbey... Countess of Grantham in that show is called Cora as her first name. That POD stamp Cora reminds me of her... I really can't explain why, it just does. Now that you added that rose for her, she looks even more like her... :)

Katie Melhus said...

I love these guys, and I'm just loving all of your coloring lately - it's fantastic! Gorgeous card Karren!

Ardyth said...

Love this - the scene is fun and I love how your little guys really stand out!

Greta said...

Absolutely darling card, Karren!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Absolutely DARLING! Your coloring is just superb, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Well they are just the cutest little things! Such a sweet card.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

OH SO stinkin' cute!!! Adorable!!!!

Deanne :)

SonjaK said...

Such a cute Christmas critter card. Love those POD stamps, and your coloring is wonderful.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great coloring and I really like your scenery stamp!

Wendy said...

Cora & Thomas are so stinkin cute, Karren! Just love your coloring and the sweet little scene you created here! Love it! :)