Saturday 17 January 2015

Dandelion Happiness

Hi and welcome!  It's Saturday here and I've just survived my first three days at work after a 5 month break.  After getting laundry out of the way this morning, I couldn't wait to get into my craft room and do some stamping - my brain was too sore to attempt stamping after work!

I decided to make a very simple card first up.  This card uses the inspiration from Stampin' Royalty and the sketch from Fusion.  I have taken a few liberties with the sketch but I think you can still see the components in my card.


I used the dandelion heads to represent the two circles in the sketch and the sentiment represents the horizontal panel.  My card was layered onto a Pool Party base.  I decided not to put any embellishments on it, thinking it was a nice graphic card that didn't need dressing up any.

Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Dandelion Dreams (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Goldenlocks, Smoke (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Pool Party

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Hannelie said...

I loved the inspiration picture at SR from the first moment I saw it! A beautiful interpretation of both challenges Karren.
Enjoy the weekend... I can hardly imagine how it must feel to be back at work after such a nice long break!
Hugs to you!

Marika said...

I love your take on the sketch! So creative! And your card is stunning. I love the clean and simple look. I am with you, no need of anything else. Perfect as it is! Enjoy your weekend!

Jen Mitchell said...

Now that is a very creative take on the sketch! I love how the white space really makes the dandelions and big sentiment stand out.

Oh, and welcome back to the working world!!

Lesley said...

It is perfect, Karren. Love the take on my sketch! It is so soft and pretty!!!

Jeanne H said...

A wonderfully simple card! Well done.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Karren! I see the sketch and I predict this is a winner!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

such a lovely card! The soft colors are amazing and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, Karren!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - love that dandylion stamp! what a beautiful flower and wonderful CAS design! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Karren!