Thursday 8 January 2015

Warm Winter Wishes

Warm Winter Wishes is an odd title for a blog post considering it's the middle of summer here, but this card uses  the winter wonder theme from Curtain Call as well as the "winter" theme at Just Us Girls plus the sketch from Sunday Stamps so it's appropriate.



I clear embossed the pine branch onto some Crumb Cake cardstock then used a sponge dauber and some white ink to sponge around the branch.  I then cut the panel with a curved die by Spellbinders and adhered both pieces to the card base.

The sentiment was stamped in Sparrow ink onto a white panel and cut with a flag die.  I stamped the double pinecones onto a white scrap and cut them out and stuck them to the flag before painting them with Wink of Stella.  I then spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the thread to look natural and random!

Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Stamps:  Holly Berries (SSS), Two Feet Deep (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Sparrow (SSS), Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Cardstock:  White, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Silver thread, Clear EP, Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), A2 Curved Dies (Spellbinders), Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Sunday Stamps.

18 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! I love the sponged area around the branch. It looks frosty! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Hannelie said...

Wow! Beautiful Karren! Stamping and inking perfection!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Karren...the Branch look amazing with the inking around it!!! Beautiful card!!

Linda Callahan said...

Just gorgeous! There is a house for sale on my street......won't you be my neighbor?

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my, your card is just so elegant. I love the white sponging around the clear embossed pine branches, just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love how the sponging makes the branches look so soft! And the messy thread, and the wavy die... What a gorgeous card!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! I love the effect achieved from sponging white around the heat embossed pine branch! (I may have to try that out!) Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

Stunning! I knew it was your card before I looked at the name! You are so talented Karren! I love coming by and seeing what you have been up to. Thanks for supporting us over at Just Us Girls. It's a pleasure to stop by!

Annette Elliott said...

Oh, my this is BEAUtiful! Love all the details you have put into it! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Stacey Schafer said...

how lovely!

Cheryl said...

Such clean lines on this card make it a real stunner!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh wow, this is something else! I LOVE the sponging around the pine branch.

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Karren!

Kim S said...

Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!!! Your misty look to the branch is gorgeous. And I love the curvy cut - such a fun and wonderful look!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally love the effect of the sponging! It's so elegant and that curvy cut just tops of this fab card!

Angel Johns said...

This is absolutely stunning work!!! Thanks for playing along with Sunday Stamps!

Leena Girsa said...

So very, very beautiful! I love everything about his card...the iimage, the hint of white, the curved die cut...a feast for the eyes! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the white sponging around the pine branch! You always amaze me! Enjoy your lovely summer weather! It is cold here! XX