Tuesday 6 January 2015

Sparkle and Shine

Hi and welcome to our first Merry Monday challenge of 2015!  This week, our challenge hostess is Kathy and she is challenging us to use a snowflake on our card.




And here's my card:



I started with a Sea Glass card top-folding card base.  I then took a piece of white cardstock and die cut the Eliza snowflake and carefully removed it from the panel.  After silver-embossing the sentiment, I then put lots of foam tape on the back and adhered it to the card base.  The center die-cut bits were carefully put back into the snowflake using tiny little bits of foam tape.  Some Simon Says Stamp sequins finished off the card.



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some beautiful cards for you to check out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Winter Wonderland (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Seaglass (SSS), white
Accessories:  Eliza die (SSS), Snowdrift Sequins (SSS), Silver EP

Cheers
Karren

20 comments:

Ardyth said...

Beautiful - love the use of the negative space and that clean embossing!

Linda Callahan said...

Love that Sea Glass color and the,snowflake is gorgeous! This is one beautiful card!

Wendy said...

I love that snowflake die and the pretty embossed sentiment! Beautiful card, Karren! Have a great week! :)

Deepti said...

The use of negative die cut is awesome :) love the silver embossed sentiment too :)

Becca Cruger said...

Your card definitely sparkles AND shines. It's truly gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

I have oohed and aahed each time I've been to the personal blog! Wow! I love how you've popped up the white panel and inserted the dots back in the snowflake! Beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! That negative die cut snowflake is amazing!

Narelle Farrugia said...

oh my goodness this is stunning!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is gorgeous! Love it!

Katie Melhus said...

Karren you card is a breath of fresh air - absolutely gorgeous!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, your card is just breath-taking!! I never think to use my dies like you have...you've inspired me! Hope you have an awesome week!

Kim S said...

Truly beautiful!! I'm not sure it's going in my inspiration files though - I think I would go completely crazy trying to adhere all of those itty bitty pieces!!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Karren, I love the CAS design and that Snowflake die.

Lori Turner said...

GORGEOUS card, Karren! I love that snowflake die! Happy New Year!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful!!!!!!! Just love it Karren!

Deanne :)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful CAS card Karren.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great way to add sparkle with the silver. Love the die-cut! I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love the simplicity and colors.

Kristie Goulet said...

So pretty, Karren! Love it!!! Have a great week.

Greta said...

Oh how I adore this card, Karren! Just gorgeous!