Thursday 29 January 2015

Rain or Shine

It's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge day and today's hostess is the lovely and talented Rita Wright.  Check out her fabulous sketch:


Love that beautiful big circle in the middle!

For my card, I decided to go with some bright colors and a bit of Copic coloring.


I started with a white card base then added a layer of Fog cardstock.  The circle was cut from some Slate cardstock then stenciled with some translucent embossing paste to add a bit of interest.

The umbrella was colored with Copics and then fussy cut.  I originally used the matching die to cut it out but it slipped a bit in my Big Shot and the white edges weren't even, so out came the snips!  The umbrella is popped up on foam tape.

The sentiment is white embossed and the flags were cut using cardstock which matched the Copics as close as possible.


Thanks for visiting.  My fellow teamies have some wonderful inspiration to entice you to give this fun sketch a try so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  April Showers (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, Fog, Sunshine, Audrey Blue, Green Apple (SSS)
Accessories:  Circle Nestabilities, MFT Fishtail Flag Stax, White Embossing Powder, Translucent Embossing Paste, Tiny Dots Stencil (SSS), Copics

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Amy O said...

I want an umbrella like that! I love the bright, beautiful colors, and they really pop against the grays. Fab card, Karren!

LeAnne said...

I continue to be amazed at your coloring (and cardmaking) talent! Clean, simple, bright and FUN!

Linda Callahan said...

I'm singin' in the rain......just singin' in the rain.......'tis a glorious card that makes me sing in the rain.................

Jen Mitchell said...

I didn't see the little embossing paste raindrops at first. What a nice touch! And I see that Linda has stolen my line so I won't bore you with movie references! Except maybe to say that I like Donald O'Connor better than Gene Kelly. I mean the guy ran up the walls!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karren
Fabulous card....love all your cards... I am your new follower...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous card Karren! I love that umbrella and that amazing colouring! Such fun bright colours! Super great sentiment! Made my day!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Love this striking card Karren and the shading to the umbrella panels is stunning. X

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! The coloring on the umbrella is AWESOME! It is perfect and looks so 3-D. This is the best blending ever! Really great card, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ah I know that umbrella! I would have one to add to my card too if I had've bothered to ever print my homework! Love your colours choices here!

Cindy H. said...

Just so beautiful! Love the clear embossing paste behind the gorgeous umbrella. Awesome coloring!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This umbrella is sure to brighten a cloudy day - a great CAS card Karren!

Jen Timko said...

Oh my goodness, look at the shading on this umbrella! And the polka dots are so perfect. LOVE!