Wednesday 7 January 2015

One Day at a Time

Today's card uses the current sketch from Retro Sketches, the colors from ColourQ and the challenge to use a crimper as well as old stamps from Retro Rubber Challenge.



I started with a white card base and added a crimped panel in Crumb Cake.  While my crimper doesn't live on my desk anymore, it does live close by as I use it when making flowers like the one I used on this card.  I crimp the cardstock in both directions to break the fibers in the paper and that makes it easier to squish up and re-shape.

The stamp I used on this card is a very old PSX one that I've had for probably 10 years.  I stamped it on a white panel using Jet Black Archival ink (love the coverage with that ink!).  To keep the card from looking too heavy, I used open leaves die-cut with Old Olive cardstock.  And because I really, really despise Rich Razzleberry, I used as little as I could and it appears in the form of the brad in the center of the flower and three Candy Dots :)

And yes, if you look closely enough, you can see white Mono Multi glue in the center of the flower which must have squished through from the back when I glued it down.  The glue hadn't dried when I took the photo and I didn't notice!

Thanks for visiting.



RRBC05


Products used:

Stamps:  Masterpiece (PSX)
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Cardstock:  White, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Accessories:  Brights Candy Dots, Brights Brad, Crimper, Lorelei Leaf Outline (Poppy Stamps), Scallop Circle Nestabilities

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Retro Rubber Challenge.

8 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card! I love your idea of using the crimper to break down the cardstock for making flowers! Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber Challenge!

Unknown said...

Very lovely, Karren! Breaking paper fibers is the reason I still have my crimper! It is a work horse. Thanks for including the RRBC challenge with your stamping fun this week!

Claire Grantham said...

Such a beautiful card Karren. I love the stamp and the flower, thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx

Jane Knudsen said...

Your card is fabulous. First - the crimper - a great tool! Second - I must be blind because I don't see the glue! Third - a great tip - I never thought about the crimper for breaking down the paper! Fourth - I totally agree about rich razzleberry! I don't get the love for it either! Fifth - that die cut leaf is so cool! Thank you for joining us as Retro Rubber!

Christine Traversa said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing

Katie Skiff said...

This is beautiful - great background with the crimper!! And I love the vines and flower. Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty flower and I like the open leaves! This is lovely. So happy you could join us at the ColourQ!

Neva Cole said...

Lovely use of the crimper! What a great tip to break down the fibers in the paper to form flowers, etc. We all learn from each other! Great way to combine all the challenges! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber.