Sunday 25 January 2015

Fresh Foliage

It sketch challenge time at The Paper Players this week and Jaydee has come up with a wonderful sketch that can go in so many different directions.  Check it out:


Once again I went CAS with my card.


I just got a wee pile of new Memory Box dies so I went through the pile and chose the Surely Stitched Circle die and the Fresh Foliage dies and my card came together in about 10 minutes!

I used the circle die to cut the panel from the white card base and then adhered some Slate cardstock behind the card front.

The sentiment was stamped with Slate ink and then the foliage was added to the top.  Easy!



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful interpretations of this fun sketch so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:  Slate (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Slate (SSS)
Accessories:  Fresh Foliage die, Surely Stitched Circle dies (Memory Box), Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card I love memory box dies and look forward to seeing more cards with them :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Absolutely love this card - layout, colors, everything!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE the graphic design of the card Karren and then that organic feel that the foliage gives it! Terrific idea! Hazel x

Debbie Mageed said...

So pretty! Don't you just love it when you can make a stunning card in 10 minutes?! This one is a keeper!

Nance Leedy said...

Karren, this is CAS perfection! I ADORE your use of the leaf/stem die and the green against the black is simply stunning. Gorgeous!

Becca Cruger said...

OOoo! Looks like you are having fun with those new dies! If every card turns out as lovely as this one, then they were definitely a good investment.

stampwithsandy said...

Karren, this card is so striking! I love the pop of lime green against the black, all that wonderful white space, and the delicate branches of the leaves. Love, love, love everything about this card!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Karren! This is clean and simple perfection!

laurie said...

LOVE, LOVE this! I think it is so striking with the black and green!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your leaf die!! And I particularly love that some of the leaves hang off the edge of the card!! Such a PRETTY clean and simple card!!

LeAnne said...

Love this.....bold colors, great sentiment, beautiful diecut!

Anonymous said...

Love your take on this sketch!!! Love the color combo!

Claire Broadwater said...

CAS perfection! Oh, I just love the simplicity of this card. You make it look so easy! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Karren, your card really packs a perfect CAS-tastic punch! Love the bright green and that awesome silhouette image. Gorgeous!

Jaydee said...

Karren, this card makes my CAS loving heart sing a happy tune! I love the green, black and white color scheme. I love the green leaves on top of the black circle and I love that you added the three green enamel dots to even up the colors. GORGEOUS. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Forgive me my late visit this week Karren - this card truly is CAS perfection! So crisp, clean and graphic - the green really 'pops' against the black and white background.