Friday 16 October 2015

Circular Birthday

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another Fusion Card Challenge so check it out!


I went with the colors in the photo.  We don't celebrate Halloween much here in New Zealand so I don't have need for Halloween cards.  But I did love the orange, black and white colors as well as the circular element, so that's what I focused on in my card.



I watercolored a piece of watercolor cardstock using Spiced Marmalade ink and splatted on some ink on top as well.  That was layered onto some orange cardstock and then onto a black card base.  The sentiment is stacked four high and I finished with some black enamel dots.


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the amazing cards from the rest of the design team!


Products used:

Ink:  Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Cardstock:  Black, white, watercolor, Orange Peel (SSS)
Accessories:  Birthday Circle die (SSS), Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren


12 comments:

Linda said...

How beautiful! I love this.

Suchi said...

Beautiful card Karren! :)
Suchizcardstock xx

Julia Aston said...

what a cool round sentiment Karren - it really pops off your wonderful watercolor splash! Julia xx

sandie said...

Gorgeous card Karren, I really like that water coloured background and it is the perfect setting for the strong sentient die and the whole design really works with the panels x

SmilynStef said...

Love the splatters

Jen Mitchell said...

You make me want to take out my watercolors and get inky! I love this design!

Mac Mable said...

Very clever idea on the colours. I too don't celebrate Halloween and have been quite stuck, so picking out the colours and using them in such a dramatic and fabulous way is pure genius! x The black pops against the watercolour background x

Unknown said...

Karren, I just love your style. You make the water colored background work so well, I would just make mush. Love, Love, Love all your details!!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE that you used this color combo in a non Halloween way! Awesome card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love your take on this challenge!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love your take on this challenge!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Super fun! Love the birthday die!!

Deanne :)