Friday 2 October 2015

Sunflowers

Hi and welcome back to another fabulous challenge at Fusion!  Today our inspiration pic has some gorgeous autumn tones and check our our sketch:


For my card, I used elements of the sketch but mainly focused on the mint green can and the floral arrangement to come up with this card:



I used an image from the CTMH set Country Born and colored it on X-Press It cardstock using Copics.  Because I wanted more of a rustic look, I toned down the white background by coloring with various light colored markers.  The Desert Storm base was embossed with a brick folder and some very old SU patterned paper was used along the bottom.  A thin strip of black cardstock was added as was the Verve sentiment.  



And that's it!  A pretty simple, rustic-yet-clean card!  I hope you'll have time to join us.  Choose either the sketch or the inspiration pic - or both - and make a card.  Check out the design team for some fabulous inspiration!

Thanks for visiting.


Stamps:  Country Born (CTMH), Poppy Birthday (Verve)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, Black, X-Press It, Outlaw PP
Accessories:  Pierced Circle Stax (MFT), Copics, enamel dots, Brick Embossing Folder (SU)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Karren... your coloring is fantastic. I love everything about this card - the design, colors, embossed brick wall... I have that SU PP. You are inspiring me to pull it out and do something with it! Really fantastic card.

sandie said...

All your detail really does give a warming rustic feel. I especially like how you coloured the background around the vase X

Julia Aston said...

Love the stripes with the kraft Karren - and your wonderfully colored milk can! Julia xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh it's perfect!

Deanne :)

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome card!! I love the brick embossed background and the striped paper!!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty! I love the brick embossing...the added touch of toning down the white is perfect....love your cards! I so love the look of the CAS cards but I just can't achieve it...lol...someday I will gain some self control long enough to make one. As long as I can keep from getting my grubby fingerprints all over it...lol! And thanks for your nice comment on my blog....

Marika said...

Yet again what a perfect take on the inspiration photo! Love it! The brick wall embossing folder looks really cool.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gor-geous! Love the color of that big old pitcher, lovely!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gor-geous! Love the color of that big old pitcher, lovely!