Monday 26 October 2015

Framed Birthday

Hi!  I'm taking advantage of the extra day in my weekend to do a bit of card-making for some of the challenges I don't often get time to enter.  This first card uses the colors from MFT Color Challenge and the sketch from CAS on Sunday.  This is my first time playing along with a challenge at MFT, but over the last several months, I've accumulated quite the collection of MFT stamps and dies, so I thought it was time :)

Unfortunately, I don't have any MFT colors so I've made do with the closest matches I could find.  I hope this is okay.


I started by die-cutting two pierced rectangle frames from some Schoolhouse Red and Old Olive cardstock.  I then interlinked them and adhered them to a white card base.

The word was die-cut four times and stacked, using some Soft Navy cardstock.  I painted over the top with some Wink of Stella and it wasn't completely dry when I took the photos, which is why it looks a bit patchy.  Impatient, much? :)


I really quite like the graphic and simple look to this card and I love the plain font of the sentiment - it makes a nice change from all the scripty fonts - although I love them too!

Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Soft Navy, Schoolhouse Red (SSS), Old Olive (SU)
Dies:  Happy Birthday die (MFT), Pierced Rectangle Frames (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

2 comments:

anja curvers said...

Wow such a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful use of the challenge colors, love this CAS birthday card. So glad you played along at MFT!