Tuesday 13 October 2015

Zig Zag

Hi and welcome!  I'm thrilled to be Guest Designer at City Crafter Challenge.  My card won the challenge a few weeks ago and I was invited to be GD for this challenge - and what a fun challenge it is!

Paste it!  Use either Texture (Embossing)Paste, Crackle Paste or Crackle Paint somewhere on your project.


For my card, I decided to use embossing paste and a stencil (one of my favorite techniques!).  This time, however, I colored my embossing paste different colors for each row of zig zags.  The hardest part was not smooshing previously stenciled work when protecting it while spreading on the next color :)


While the background was drying, I started work on the images.  I Copic colored and fussy cut the envelopes and adhered them to a black square I had white-embossed the sentiment on.  I then die-cut another square out of white that I stuck behind the black one at an angle.  That is all popped up on foam tape and I finished the card with some silver thread in the top right corner.


This is a fabulously fun challenge - given how popular embossing paste is at the moment so I hope you'll give it a go.  Be sure to check out the fabulous samples from the rest of the design team.

I'm also linking this up to Just Us Girls who are asking for stencils.


Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sending Happy Thoughts, Sending and Wishing (SSS)
Ink:  Hot Lips, Orange Peel, Duckling, Jellybean, Scuba, Wisteria (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, black, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Embossing Paste, White EP, Nesting Rounded Square dies (Lifestyle Crafts), Zig Zag Dots Stencil (SSS), silver thread

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got Chic of the Week at Just Us Girls.

15 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fantastic card, I wish I could use those paste as well as you! Thanks so much for being our guest this week at CCCB, you are such a pleasure to work with!

Sid said...

Great card, love your raised coloured zig zags !

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness this is amazing!! Thank you so much for guesting with us this week!

Samra said...

Gorgeous card Karren!!! Congrats on your GDT :)

Marina said...

Yes, embossing paste is very popular but I don't find it very easy to use. So I really admire the skill that went into your multi-coloured zig zags. Great card. Thank you for being a fab GD at CCCB.

Stella said...

Karren this is perfection. I am blown away by this card! It's a privilege to have you as our Guest designer at CCCB!

Nancy said...

Can't believe you colored your embossing paste that many times. SOOOOOOO glad I read your details! Sensational job and I love seeing your work in our gallery at JUGS! I appreciate your talents Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

*Sigh* Another gorgeous card. It looks like a lot of work coloring the embossing paste, but the results are so obviously worth it.

Julie Gearinger said...

This is fantastic!! Love the embossing paste stenciled background along with all of your other fabulous details- thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Linda Callahan said...

That background is fabulous!

Becca Cruger said...

Love the background on this, karren! It's such a sweet way to incorporate rainbow!

Mac Mable said...

I am glad too that I popped across to your blog as I hadn't realised you coloured all the different pastes. A real clever idea and tricky to get so neat. Loving it!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! What a labor of love that stenciled background is! What an amazing looking card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

JoAnn said...

Love your stenciled background. Very detailed with all the different colored pastes. Great job.

Cheryl said...

Great stenciled background! I love your card!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!