Thursday 15 October 2015

Yellow Flowers

Today's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was designed by the wonderful Cindy Hall.


I went very CAS with my card this week, with lots of white space.


I stamped several flowers using Altenew inks and fussy cut them out.  I chose two to feature on my card and put them to one side.  The card base is white and I have a thin strip of black cardstock that I painted in Wink of Stella.

The sentiment panel was die-cut with a pierced rectangle die and stamped with a scripty sentiment from Sending Happy Thoughts.  I die-cut two tiny little hearts from Daffodil Delight cardstock and adhered those for the dots in the i's.  The sentiment panel is raised up on foam tape as is the smaller of the two flowers.  The larger one is popped up on two layers of foam tape.  The flowers and hears are also covered in Wink of Stella.


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful cards with the sketch, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sending Happy Thoughts (SSS), Painted Flowers (Altenew)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Accessories:  Wink of Stella, Pierced Rectangle Stax (MFT), Storybook dies (Avery Elle)

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love this CAS card with the yellow and black! Very classy!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful! I love those flowers!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my goodness! This is fabulous!

Amy O said...

Beautifully clean and simple (although those roses look too pretty to be simple). Love the little hearts too. Gorgeous card, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

This is so amazing Karren! I love those flowers. The colouring is amazing! They stand out so nicely! This card will definitely brighten someone's day!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That's one of my most favourite stamp sets Karren! Love this design! Thanks for your continued inspiration at FMS! Have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Loved this card as soon as I saw it - all that white space makes me jealous combined with those delicate flowers - LOVE!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful CAS Design!!! I love those pretty yellow flowers and the big sentiment!!! Beautiful job you sweet enabler you!! :)

Jen Timko said...

So pretty! I love the yellow on those flowers! And I'm sure your little bit of Stella is amazing in person!