Wednesday 21 October 2015

The Cutest Elf

It's Freshly Made Sketch Challenge day and this week our hostess is the one-and-only Jen Brum and she has such a versatile sketch for us.  Check this out!


I took a slight detour with the sketch by downsizing one of the layers and turning it into a tag.  But I hope you can still see the sketch :)



I used some new toys from MFT Stamps - the super-cute Santa's Elves set and the fabulous Candy Stripes Background stamp.  I stamped the solid stripes in Hot Lips ink then the thin strips in Jellybean ink.  Then I layered a sheet of vellum over the top to tone down the colors.

My little elf was colored with Copics and die-cut before being popped up with foam tape onto a die-cut tag.  The sentiment comes from Jingle All The Way.



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team show how truly versatile this sketch is so I hope you'll give it a go.


Products used:

Stamps:  Santa's Elves, Jingle All the Way, Candy Stripes Background (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Hot Lips, Jellybean (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Vellum, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Tag Me Too die (Reverse Confetti), Santa's Elves dies (MFT), Sequins, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Ooooo I love the tag! That elf is sweet as can be.....and so beautifully colored by someone who definitely knows what she is doing 😄. Adorable card....and the candy striped background is perfect!

Cindy Lovell said...

This is such a cute card,Karren!!! I love the background with the vellum and the little elf is just adroable...love your coloring!!!

Patrice said...

Karren, this is a gorgeous card. Your little elf is so beautifully coloured and I love the stripey background you created. x

Nanette said...

Superbe j'adore!!!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this sweet little fella Karren! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

Unknown said...

Such an adorable card. Love your colouring and the placing of the sequins is just right. Karen x

Jen Brum said...

Love your card Karren! That tag is such a great idea and that little elf is just too cute! Great colouring! Perfect for Christmas!

Greta said...

Such a creative use of the sketch--darling card, Karren! I'm still hoping to get something done for the challenge as I love the freedom of this sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, this is the most darling little elf! Your coloring is superb and I really like how the vellum softens the striped background. I absolutely love this card!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

What a fantastic idea to add the vellum! Love the sequins and the twine with just the right twist! :)