Saturday 3 October 2015

Genius

Hi and welcome!  Today's card is for the Geek Chic challenge at City Crafter, the Science cue word at CASology and the color challenge at ColourQ.


I went for a very simple card as it will mostly likely end up going to one of the three males in my household so I didn't want any frills.

I die-cut the white panel before stamping the image and sentiment.  I used my Misti to line up the colored stamping in Jellybean, Lipstick Red and Sunshine inks.  The patterned paper is from one of the old SU color family packs and is adhered directly on to the card base.  The white panel is popped up on foam tape.

And that's it!



Thanks for visiting!

Products used:

Stamps:  Scientifically Speaking (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Jellybean, Sunshine, Lipstick Red
Cardstock:  White, Patterned Paper (SU)
Accessories:  Stitched Basic Edges (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at CASology.

19 comments:

Claire said...

Brilliant take on the cue word at Casology Karren - fab design!

Stella said...

You sure know how to nail a challenge; wow! I love the CAS desing! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

Deborah Frings said...

I'm a chemistry nerd and your card fills me with happiness! Love the clean, simple layout and great colours. xx

Jen Mitchell said...

Argghhh! You are killing me with new products! That stitched panel is obviously cut with a die that I need and had no idea existed. :) I love how it looks with your Big Bang Theory atom!

Wendy said...

Love your card design...is genius!

Bonnie said...

Simple but so much fun! One of the guys in your house is going to feel very proud when he gets this!

Hannelie said...

Yes you ARE!
Awesome job Karren! In LOVE with your creation for Casology this week. Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVE your layout, Karren! I will need to CASE this idea! So glad you could join us at CASology this week!

Ros Crawford said...

What a stupendous card this is!! Fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Marina said...

I love these clean lines and clear colours. Beautifully put together and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Mac Mable said...

Isn't it great when three challenges fit so perfectly? The layout, the colours and the idea is perfect. Gorgeous card x

Daria Z. said...

Love this take on the cue word. Wonderful card.

Joyce said...

This is a fantastic CAS design, and I just love your molecule stamp. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and ColourQ this week.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Tracie Pond said...

Fabulous CAS science card.

Unknown said...

This card is so striking - it really stood out to me on the CASology blog. Really awesome design xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Karren!!! I love your card. The design is fantastic. Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

Marika said...

Genius, indeed! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Karren...it is genius! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!