Thursday 1 October 2015

Happy Thoughts

Hi and welcome!  We have fun sketch for you today at Freshly Made Sketches and its creator is the fabulous Linda Callahan.


As you can see from my card, I took a fairly literal approach to the sketch, sticking with the circle theme.


I used two different sized dies to die cut some circle frames of white cardstock that I'd sponged with Mint Candy, Duckling and Apricot inks.  Once the circle frames were cut, I added some more sponging near the bottom for an ombre effect.  The sentiment was also white cardstock sponged with Steel Blue ink and then stacked on top of four other layers of white and slightly offset so the white shows.

The base of the card was die-cut with a stitched rectangle frame then I used a Donna Downey stencil and some translucent embossing paste for a soft textured background.



I'm linking this card up to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is Ombre.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the wonderful inspiration from the rest of this fabulous team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Sending Happy Thoughts (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Steel Blue, Duckling, Apricot, Mint Candy (SSS)
Cardstock:  Stone (PTI), white
Accessories:  Spellbinders circle dies, Sending die (SSS), Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Translucent EP, Scribble Script stencil (Donna Downey)

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Whoa back there, cowgirl... you did what with Donna who using translucent magic!? OH my goodness this is fantastic! LOve that script card base -WoW!
=] Michele

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this! I mean I seriously love this! The circles are fantastic - especially with the ombre effect colors. And why is this the first time I'm hearing about Donna Downey? I must be living under a rock!

Amy O said...

Those circles are beautiful, and I love your stenciled background. And I love the color combination too. Oh, I just love it all!

Linda Callahan said...

This is absolutely terrific! Love that embossing paste and those fun circles are fab! Amazing card!

Claire Grantham said...

Love the looping circles and your background is very cool. Cx

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous,Karren!! The background looks great and i love the colors of the circles!!! Love this card!!!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Karren! I totally love it! The background is so fun and I love that sentiment! So fun!

Maura said...

Loving those ombre circles! Thanks for joining us this week on the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp where it's all about Ombre!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Amazing! You have rocked Linda's sketch with your fab multi-toned circles - love them!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh my goodness, those sponged rings are fantastic! Brilliant way to link them! :)

Cindy Hall said...

What a great card! I love the embossing paste background and those colorful intertwined circles!