Monday 5 October 2015

Silhouette Sympathy

Hi and welcome!  This card, unlike the one I made last week, is fortunately not needed so will go into my stash.  However, I wanted to join in the challenge at Just Us Girls who have a "sympathy" word challenge.  I'm also joining in at Friday Mashup who are looking for a full colored background (check) and/or a silhouette image (check); Simply Create Too has an autumn theme, Time Out Challenges has a quote featuring the word "autumn" and I used the colors from Color Throwdown.  Phew!  So after all that, here's my card:




I watercolored the background using various distress inks, then splattered ink onto the panel with a paintbrush before also spritzing water to take away some of the color.  Once that was dry, I stamped the silhouette image from Paper Garden onto the right hand side of the watercolored panel.  I really like this image as it has some text and nicks built into the acrylic which gives a nice effect.



I then dug out my With Sympathy die to find in the packet I already had one die-cut in black and covered with Glossy Accents.  Score!  So I adhered that to the watercolored panel and then onto an Early Espresso card base.  I rounded the bottom corners, which in hindsight, I wish I hadn't but you can't put back bits you've cut away :)


Thanks for visiting.

Grab Our Badge!

Our Blog Badge





Products used:

Stamps:  Paper Garden (CTMH)
Ink:  Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint distress inks, Ranger Archival Black
Cardstock:  Watercolor, black, Early Espresso
Accessories:  With Sympathy die (SSS), Glossy Accents, Corner Chomper

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Color Throwdown.

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful job, the silhouette image stands out wonderfully against the colors you chose for the background!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

sandie said...

The background you have created is gorgeous, so rich in colour and blended perfectly. I do like text on this image. Great to see you join us at TO

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful sympathy card!!! The background is lovely and the perfect backdrop for your silhouettes!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

OH Babs said...

Oh wow it is beautiful. Great color choices.

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the gorgeous background with the silhouette- stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous background, really stands out with the silhouette image!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Broni said...

This is gorgeous, Karren!! I'm a total sucker for watercolored backgrounds and yours is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous card! Your background is stunning and I love the silhouette image! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Lynn said...

Wow! Such a stunning background. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Marika said...

WOW WOW WOW! Stunning!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love that beautiful background with the silhouette flowers and bold, black sentiment. A perfect sympathy card! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Heidi Baks said...

Great job with the background color! I love the splatter and water spots for added interest. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty sympathy card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

My Paper Cat said...

What a great background. Thanks for joining the fun at Time Out Challenges