Friday 30 October 2015

Poppies

Hi and welcome to another Fusion Card Challenge!  Today we have a beautiful inspiration photo as well as an elegant sketch.




For my card, I stuck with the photo and ended up using the photo also as my sketch :)


I stamped the poppies image in Grout Gray ink and colored with my my pencils and a blender pen.  Unfortunately I decided to outline the image in blue and it looked terrible!  To save that mess, I fussy cut the whole image, which took a while, but was worth it.  I sponged some Steel Blue ink onto a white card base after masking off the side.  I then adhered the poppy image on the card base and finished it off with a sentiment from Label Love that I cut out and mounted on foam tape.




Be sure to check out the fabulous samples from the rest of the design team and have a go yourself.


Products used:

Stamps:  Delicate Blossoms (Hero Arts), Label Love (Altenew)
Ink:  Archival Black, Steel Blue (SSS), Grout Gray (MFT)
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Colored Pencils (Derwent)

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Your poppies look so real with the lines you colored on Karren - love the border strip too - I can't believe you fussy cut around all of those tiny stems!! what a job!! Don't you hate when you do 'one more thing' and it ruins what you have done - you sure saved this beautiful card! Julia xx

Unknown said...

Your poppies are colored so prettily!! I almost can't believe you fussy cut them out...you did a fantastic job!! Beautiful card!! hugs! xx

sandie said...

Gosh that is some very clever fussy cutting! And your colouring is superb, love the combo of sketch and photo x

SonjaK said...

So beautifully colored - and what amazing fuzzy cutting!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! What a feast for the eyes this is! Your coloring is a just amazing and I can't believe that you fussy cut that.

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful, Karren. I love your colouring!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful poppies! You are on fabulous snipper!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

so very lovely!