Tuesday 28 January 2014

Blue Ornament

This week's challenge at Merry Monday is to use an ornament or ornaments on your Christmas card.  This challenge came through at a good time, because I'd just dipped my toe into the digi stamp pool and bought a few digi stamps - one of which was an ornament.  






And here's the card I made.



As well as the digi stamp, I also bought some digi paper.  In fact, I was commenting on a Merry Monday challenge entrant, Janet Kay Bailey and I saw the paper that she used and immediately went to the link in her blog and bought pretty much the whole range!  This paper has very subtle snowflakes on it.

I used a sketch from Retro Sketches from a couple of months ago, which I love and will be sure to use again.  

Aren't the rest of the DT samples fantastic?  If you haven't checked them out, head on over and give the challenge a go.  It's never too early to start on your Christmas cards :)

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Signature Christmas (PTI), Squigglefly Digi Stamp
Ink:  Basic Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Blue Christmas (Raspberry Road Designs digi paper)
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Silhouette Cameo

16 comments:

Lesley said...

Bold and beautiful! Love the colours!!!

Bonnie said...

I love these colors, Karren! And what a beautiful ornament!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Your card is so eye-catching with those sensational colors, Karren! Love the layout!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Karren! Love your ornament and how you colored it! Your digi papers are pretty too! Have a great week! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

I love these colors together, Karren! That ornament is striking too! Have a great week!

Kay Miller said...

Wow!! What a lovely card! I love the colors and that ornament is just stunning! You colored is beautifully too!! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog. I have sure enjoyed my time at MM!! You are all such a nice group! :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Your card caught my eye when I looked over at Merry Monday to see what the next challenge is. It is simply stunning. Great colors and that paper! How fun. I'm still deciding between stamped ornaments or die cut ones.... decisions, decisions!

Karen Davis said...

This is such a striking colour combination Karren. The card glows. Fabulous ornament digi too.

LeAnne said...

I am in awe of your coloring, Karren....this ornament fairly glows with light! Just gorgeous!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really petty Christmas card. I like the colors that you used! I must check out this challenge. I like to make Christmas cards all year long now...so I don't panic when Christmas comes around. Thank you for the nice comments on myb glog.

Katie Melhus said...

A gorgeous card with yummy bold colors :) Nice work, Karren!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, wow, Karren - this is beautiful!! Love the colours and patterns, and the black mats are just perfect.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Karren, the ornament is stunning and these colours and papers are fabulous.

Lori Turner said...

Such WOW factor, Karren! Love these colors with the black - totally POPS! WTG

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love the color combination.

Judy1223 said...

Good heavens, that ornament is stunning! I love the digital image and papers...so gorgeous together!