Saturday 11 January 2014

Valerie

I received my first order of Xpress-it Copic Blending Paper the other day, so I decided to take it for a test drive.  Coincidentally, Mo's Digital Pencil are having a sale at the moment, so I decided that I was destined to buy some more digi stamps :)

I used this week's sketch from Retro Sketches and the colours from ColourQ for my card.  

I have to admit that when I first saw the colors at ColourQ, I thought "no way!".  But then when I chose Valerie to color, I saw the possibility of using all the challenge colors and gave it a go.

I'm not 100% happy with my layout.  I think there's something missing, but I was so focussed in my mind on making a card that matched the definitions at The Card Concept, that I sort of missed the boat a bit.  (This card is not for The Card Concept challenge, I was just testing myself.  I'm hoping to make a card for that challenge over the weekend.)

I colored Valerie in the challenge colors then used nesties to cut her out.  I decided to stick with Basic Gray and Poppy Parade for my main card colors and used the Needlepoint Border EF down either side of the gray panel.

Thanks for looking.



Products used:

Image:  Valerie by Mo's Digital Pencil
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Copics, White Baker's Twine, Circle and Scallop Circle Nesties, Needlepoint EF, white brads

Cheers
Karren




2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this 100%! The image is so cute and beautifully colored. What did you think about the X-Press It paper?

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Karren, love the cheeriness of the card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.