Thursday 30 January 2014

Up, Up and Away

Hi and welcome to another Freshly Made Sketch challenge.  This week, it's Linda Callahan's sketch we're working with and it's a fun one.




I had several ideas for this sketch but ended up going with a hot air balloon and cloud theme.





For this card, I went with a fresh aqua, red and white color scheme.  I created cut files for my images using my Silhouette then after cutting them out, I stamped the images and colored with Copics.  The sentiment is from a new-to-me set called Laurels by Avery Elle.  I just love the font!  The curved bottom is also from a new-to-me die from Spellbinders.  



I hope you've checked out the rest of the Design Team's cards.  They're fantastic!  

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Avery Elle, CTMH
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Real Red
Accessories:  Cloudy Day EF, square nesties, curved borders nesties, white baker's twine, copic markers

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome card,Karren! The colors are fab and i love the embossed background and the balloon! Fabulous!!

Linda Callahan said...

Your coloring is wonderful! Beautiful scene and I love how the curved die draws your eye up to the balloon!

Julia Aston said...

what a happy little card with all the clouds! love the colors you used!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Karren : love your balloon card very cute love your new die great choice of colors.and design.
hugs

Jen Timko said...

Wow, oh wow, Karren! I love this balloon! Your coloring is amazing!!

Jen Mitchell said...

What an awesome take on the sketch! Love the cloud and balloon theme and your coloring is fantastic!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Karren! Love those fun colours! Such fabulous colouring!!! Love that balloon!!!!

Christine Blain said...

Great colours, colouring, and details - love this!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a striking card because of the colours you've used as well as your hot air balloon theme! Beautiful colouring - teach me how to do that!

Joni Andaya said...

What a FUN card! So love this color combo, you coloring is so Perfect and pretty :)

Bonnie said...

Love these colors, Karren! What a wonderful use of this sketch!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Super job cutting that balloon! I am really enjoying this combination of colors! :)