Monday 27 January 2014

Fleur de Lis

Day 3 of the stencilling course and the technique I tried first was heat embossing over embossing paste.  The first time I tried this, I was too frugal with the paste and it just looked like normal heat embossing, but the second time I applied a thicker layer and wow!  It was even cooler to watch than normal heat embossing because the paste expanded as it heated up.





I'm entering this card into this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge as well as the texture challenge at The Card Concept.  This week, I'm categorising my card as Clean & Graphic.

I used an old SU Decor Elements die and applied embossing paste over the top.  I then sprinkled on some silver EP and heat set it.  Wow, it bubbled up like liquid applique!  Here's a close up and side on shot so you can see the texture and dimension.



The sentiment is also silver embossed onto the black card base.

Thanks for looking.  



Products used:

Stamps:  Birthday Bash Sentiments (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Silver
Accessories:  Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, SU Decor Elements Stencil

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Umm.....LURVE this!!!! Awesome creation!!!! :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow, wow, wow......totally luv!

sparkle & shine *~*

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow, this is so cool! It looks like a piece of silver!

Susan Joyce said...

Very elegant Karren, love how your card turned out. I still need to do day 3 but I am enjoying every minute of the classes.

craftytreen said...

very very cool, and so gorgeous. great work!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a cool effect. very elegant. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally love the effect of this embossing paste - you could frame this fleur de lis - it would look amazing as wall art!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. I LOVE the nice thick texture you achieved with that paste! Great idea...honestly, this one looks Classy and Elegant too!

Kerin said...

Wow that is some fabulous embossing! Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, that fleur de lis is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a cool technique, Karren! I cannot wait to get my embossing paste. This may have to be the first technique I try with it. You have created another awesome card, and a guy card at that! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept this week, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a show stopper!