Tuesday 7 January 2014

Satin Ribbon

The challenge at Merry Monday this week is to use ribbon or twine on your Christmas card.

Look at the gorgeous inspiration picture.



I'd had this gorgeous ribbon that I'd saved from a gift box a couple of years ago.  It's a beautiful champagne-colored satin ribbon so I decided that it was going to be the main feature of my card.  It did take a bit of fiddling to get it looking right but I think it came out alright in the end.


The finishing touch for my card was a die-cut sent to me by my Secret Santa on the Merry Monday DT.  As part of my gift, I got a whole heap of die-cuts - none of which I already own.

This is an easy challenge so I'm expecting a whole heap of entries this week.  So go forth and create :)

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Unknown Satin Ribbon; Die cut (PTI?)

Cheers
Karren


14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Karren, your ribbon totally makes this card shine! I have been drooling over it ever since you posted it on the private blog. LOVE!!!

Lesley said...

That bow is awesome, Karren! Wow, love the shiny silver!!!

Wendy said...

Karren, this is a gorgeous card!! The bow is beautiful and looking perfect! Love the "Merry" diecut too! Lucky girl! Have a great week ahead! :)

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is stunning Karren, I love your big beautiful bow.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This makes a statement! : ) Beautiful.

Bonnie said...

WOW! That's a gorgeous, big bow and against the black, it's so elegant!

LeAnne said...

I love it when you can recycle things like your gorgeous ribbon, and turn them into such a stellar creation! It's beautiful!

Susan Joyce said...

Very elegant card Karren, love your big beautiful bow and fantastic use of the die cut.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely card - an amazing bow that rightly takes centre stage, finished with a festive sentiment. Great pairing!

Jen Mitchell said...

Now, that's some ribbon! Wowzer!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a stand-out card with that sentiment and even more so because of that stunningly beautiful ribbon!

Karen Davis said...

This is such an elegant card Karren, the bow is superb.

Kay Miller said...

Wow!! Now that's one spectacular bow!! SO very pretty! Beautiful and striking card Karren!

Marie Bingaman said...

Holy crap, this is stunning! Very elegant and glamorous! :)