Tuesday 21 January 2014

Distressed Poinsettia

Hi everyone, I hope your week is starting out well.  Over at Merry Monday we have a beautiful inspiration photo for you.



I just love everything about this photo and chose to stick with the text theme on my card.



I stamped the Crumb Cake card base with both Sanded and Woodgrain background stamps before sponging the edges.  The First Edition DSP was given the same treatment without using Woodgrain and this time I distressed the edges before sponging.  I mounted this piece onto an Early Espresso layer which I also distressed.  The poinsettia uses the two smallest dies in the Spellbinder poinsettia set.  I cut three of the larger size and two of the smaller size and then used the smallest of the Basic Pearls for the center.  I randomly placed some Linen Thread behind the poinsettia for added interest.


The ribbon part of the challenge is met using some Cherry Cobbler striped grosgrain which is adhered using Sticky Strip.  I burned the edge to stop it fraying.  The rustic and distressed sentiment is from the Peaceful Pinecones set from PTI.  And continuing my resolution of finishing the insides of my cards when I make them, here's the very simple inside.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you have a great week and have time to join in the challenge.

Products used:

Stamps:  Peaceful Pinecones (PTI), Sanded, Woodgrain
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, First Edition DSP, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Spellbinders Poinsettia die, Basic Pearls, Linen Thread, sponge, Cherry Cobbler Striped Grosgrain ribbon

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. I love how you randomly placed the twine. All the elements go together beautifully. nice inside too!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card, Karren! Love the twine behind the Poinsettia! Have a great week!

Katie Melhus said...

This card is so pretty Karren, I love the backgrounds you created and the vintage paper feel to it! sI'm so excited to be creating every week with you at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Karren, I love the distress look.

Wendy said...

So pretty, Karren! I love the look of your card base with stamping 2 background stamps and that beautiful poinsettia & twine! You rocked this week's challenge! Have a wonderful week ahead! :)

Bonnie said...

I love all the distressing and that poinsettia with the pearls in the center is gorgeous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally beautiful! Love how you've carried the newsprint theme over from the inspiration pic to your card - you're always a thinker! Loving the vintage feel! Heard there was another earthquake and hoping it's not near you….

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I like how you used the text as your main inspiration and carried it through to the inside of the card which is equally amazing!

Kay Miller said...

What a gorgeous rustic card!! I love the distressed edges and the text background! Very beautiful work!! :)

Lesley said...

Love the rustic feel of your card, Karren. That poinsettia is sweet!

Karen Davis said...

Hi there Karren. Just love your gorgeous card. The distressed edges and gorgeous poinsettia are perfect with the striped ribbon. A fabulous inside too!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful Christmas card Karren, love the ribbon, poinsettia and distressed edges.

Scrappy Géri said...

Wow your card looks fab Karren and I really love the little poinsettia :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Fantastic card, Karren! Love how you embellished the inside, too!!

LeAnne said...

What a great interpretation of the challenge photo! Your poinsettia is beautiful and I love the distressing!

Darnell said...

This is a brilliant rustic take on the challenge, Karen! I love all the depth and character you have achieved!! Hugs, Darnell

Heather North said...

I love the thread you have behind your poinsettia and the simple way you have decorated the inside.