Wednesday 29 January 2014

Love Tag

I'm off work this week as my boys go back to school next week after the long summer holiday and there's lots to get sorted before then.  Anyway, the upside is that I get more stamping time and get to play along in some challenges I don't usually get time for.

This card is for The Paper Players sketch challenge and the inspiration photo at Just Us Girls.


This card is all SU apart from the tag which I cut with my Silhouette.  The card base is embossed with the Pretty Prints EF.  I cut into some retired DSP called More Amore for the heart DSP and the laser cut heart.  

The sentiment on the heart is white-embossed.  The music DSP is from Modern Medley.  With the tag open, this is what you see:



Pool Party and Real Red hearts were white-embossed then cut with the Hearts a Flutter framelit.  I tied some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine around the tag and it's far enough from the red heart to not be noticeable that it's a different color.  I cut two arrows from the Label Card Thinlits and cut them to appear as if it was one arrow going through the heart.

Thanks for looking.




Products used:

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Hearts a Flutter, Well-Scripted
Ink:  Basic Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake, More Amore DSP, Modern Medley DSP, Real Red, Pool Party
Accessories:  Label Card Thinlits, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Pretty Prints EF, White EP, Basic Pearls, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Silhouette

8 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty card! It looks like you did a great job with both challenges! I love the gorgeous font on that pretty heart. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

Love the pull tag and that focal heart is great. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Joni Andaya said...

Pretty Fabulous!!! What a great idea for the pull tag, So loving this :)

LeAnne said...

This is lovely! I love the bold colors you used, especially the embossed hearts! Thanks for playing with our sketch this week, Karren!

Nancy said...

Great idea for your tag! So glad you played along with us at Just Us Girls and hope to see more of your wonderful work!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Look how busy you've been this week! I just love your sweet card and the little pull out tag!

Jaydee said...

I love the arrow through the heart and the way you repeated the hearts on the tag. Fabulous card and I'm so glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Bonnie said...

Amazing! Love that heart with the arrow through it and the pull out tag!