Thursday 30 January 2014

Purple...

For my second card today, I've combined challenges from CAS(E) This Sketch, CASology and Colour Me to come up with this card.




The Colour Me challenge is 5 colors of our choice so I went with three different shades of purple, black and white.  The sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch is so versatile that this is my second go at it this week :)



I used various foliage images and, after masking off the bottom of the panel, I stamped in several generations using Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant from SU and Dusty Concord Distress ink.  I then stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and did some paper piercing.  To cover the masked edge, I placed a tiny strip of Concord Crush cardstock.  I was going to snip off the overhang, but I decided I quite liked it, so it stayed!

The little butterfly was stamped in black and lightly colored with Copic markers.  Some Dazzling Details gave it a bit of bling.

The inside is very simple, using a stamped die cut that I decided not to use on the front.








Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf, Larger than Life, Communique Curves (PTI), Papillon Potpourri (SU)
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant (SU), Dusty Concord (Ranger), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Concord Crush
Accessories:  Paper Piercing Essentials Kit, Larger Than Life die, small butterfly punch

Edited to Add:  This card got an Honorable Mention at Colour Me.

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is SO beautiful, Karren! I love how the paper-piercing draws the eye to the sentiment, and the focal panel is just stunning.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow - absolutely stunning! You make CAS look so easy and so right. Love the dimension you've added to your foliage!

Cheryl said...

Lovely, I was at a loss for this challenge, you nailed it and beautifully! Thanks for sharing!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so pretty! The paper piercing towards the sentiment is a great touch!

Joni Andaya said...

So Pretty! Love the masking....I love that color with the foliage, Perfect :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful design. Thanks you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, this is beautiful! I love your generational stamping!

Joyce said...

This is a feast for the eyes. I never thought to use those stamps in purple, but they are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the layered stamping and that sweet butterfly. Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is beautiful. I think I see some new leaf stamps in my future!

Unknown said...

So so pretty!!! Love the simple design :) So happy you could share with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

Kathyk said...

Just beautiful

Kathyk

Bonnie said...

Such pretty purples! Love all the different leaves and another fantastic layout!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty--I love the different shades of purple on your card!

Rosemary said...

gorgeous take on all the challenges... thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Karren ... the different shades of purple against the crisp black-bordered white space are fabulous ... and the die cut on the inside is a delight! Anita :)