Friday 31 January 2014

Neutral Collage

Today I'm submitting a card for a new-to-me challenge called Mod Squad Challenge.  I loved the Mod Squad TV show when I was a kid, so how could I not enter this challenge :)  

(In the interests of not appearing too old, I would like to point out that in New Zealand, we got TV shows years after they screened in the US.... LOL)

The challenge is to find a designer that you like and case one of their cards.  I chose Jen Mitchell, whose stamping style I really admire.  Finding a card to case involved a pleasant visit to her blog, where I found this card from November last year.

I decided to case the colors and the collage style of Jen's card.  My card is quite a bit different in layout but I hope you can see where the inspiration came from:



This is a one-layer card and uses many stamps from Stampers Anonymous and Hampton Art Stamps.  I masked off an area of my card base and randomly stamped images using Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake ink.  The sentiment is a Penny Black stamp and was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I stamped a star in Crumb Cake and cut it out before lightly sponging the edges.  I thought I'd randomly placed some Candy Dots, but looking at the photo, I can see I ended up with a near perfect triangle :)



The inside was finished in a similar manner:



Thanks for looking.  Go check out the new challenge.  It looks like it's going to be fun.

Products used:

Stamps:  Stampers Anonymous, Hampton Art Stamps, Collections, Penny Black, Seeing Stars (SU)
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Neutrals Candy Dots

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Fabulous Karren!!! Love that you stamped the inside of the card too. So Pretty :)

Lee-Anne said...

Fabulous collage, Karren...love the neutral colors!

Lee said...

Beautifully done Karren!! You nailed what CASEing is all about....being inspired but putting your own style to it!! Fabulous card!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Mod Squad! (and I was also too young to have watched the show! ;) )

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun card design. A great collage of elements.

Bonnie said...

Jen is an amazing designer! But then, so are you! This is amazing! A great masculine card! And all on one layer! Wow!

Lesley said...

Wow, so cool! Love this design you have created. Jen is a true inspiration and so are you!!

Karen Hightower said...

Wonderful card.. :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the grungy feel to your stamping and yet your card is still so clean - fab card!

Cat Tidwell said...

Love this collagy type creation! Just awesome! Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week!