Monday 6 January 2014

Polaroid Time

This is the first of two posts today.  I don't normally stamp during the week because I'm too tired when I get home from work, but I've decided to make myself go into my craft room and see if I can create something.  Other people work full-time, look after a family and stamp during the week, so why can't I?

My first card is for the color challenge at ColourQ and the Friday Mashup challenge, which is a sketch and a "time" theme.  I tried to stick to the sketch but my main image was quite large so it didn't go totally according to plan.


My central image is one I had left over from when I was playing with gold leaf here.  I preferred the other image because it was bolder, so this image was relegated to my box of stamped stuff.  But when I saw the ColourQ challenge, I pulled it out thinking it could pass for the gold in the color scheme.  Here's a close-up shot:


My card base is Basic Black and I've added a Going Grey strip embossed with a clock image from Couture Creations.  I cut the white panel with a square nestie to look like a polaroid and stamped a sentiment in a hand-writing font to add to the polaroid effect.

Thanks for looking.



Products used:

Stamps:  Stampers Anonymous, Penny Black sentiment
Ink:  Brilliance Graphite Black
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Going Grey, Whisper White, Cold Laminate
Accessories:  Gold Leaf, White Baker's Twine; Couture Creations EF

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are amazing with your techniques! This is totally beautiful - the gold leaf adds a gorgeous vintage effect. Love it!

LeAnne said...

Wowza....this is what you made when you were TIRED? Amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

Loll said...

Wowza is right! :) LOVE the image ... and the colors are amazing. Loll xx

Avery Murphy said...

I love your take on the sketch Karren. Great card!

Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!